Saturday, August 4, 2012

#3 SAXOPHONE PLAYER from NIGERIA
On Tuesday evening, after finishing some online checks, I leave St
John's building and began to walk around the blocks. I did not have
any plan, but I just needed some exercise and I want to be familiar
with the surroundings. My steps approached the chamber where the sound
of Saxophone came from. I though it was someone practicing his or her
saxophone skills. To my surprise, a professional player blowing
melodious classic songs at the Chamber St station. I went to him,
dropped a dolar bill like most people did, enjoyed his music, and chat
with him a bit. His name is Elijah Olawale Afolabi. He started playing
saxophone five years ago back in Nigeria. He came to New York 3 years
ago. He gave me a business card with his phone number on it. He plays
saxophone in many different occasions. He is willing to be invited to
play at church or at any occasion with some compensation. He can teach
me how to play saxophone for $50 dolar an hour.
If only I brought my alto saxophone with me. I bought myself that
piece a year ago, but I did not really know how to kick off learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment