Thursday, August 2, 2012

My Classroom Communication Class (8/1/2012)

I was totally surprised and captivated to learn that there are specific boundaries to "small talk" as pointed out by Elaine Soffer, my classroom communication tutor yesterday. What I had previously considered as acceptable/complimentary remarks and gestures could very much be misinterpreted based on individual/personal, religious and cultural differences....Now that I am fully aware that there are standard procedures guided by ethics and norms of the society which are peculiar to different countries and civilizations; hopefully, I should be better off.
It was also quite motivational and inspirational to learn about the history of the United States, the pioneering leaders, the diversity and culture of its people, the geography and what is considered as important values of the American society. 
I was also fascinated by the various expressions from my "multilingual" colleagues from Latin America. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you got so much out of yesterday's class. I learned just as much as you did!

    ReplyDelete