Wednesday, August 1, 2012

What's Illustration?

Even if it's hard to explain the meaning of Illustration to people that you may think it's not familiar with the term, it seems that Illustration explain by itself, as soon as they have direct contact with it.

I was "doodling" today at professor Soffer's class, as the same time as we were doing some excercises about "Active Listening" and "Note Taking", and in the end of the class, suddenly two of my classmates asked me curious to show them, what exactly was I doing on my sheet of paper.
As soon as their looked the "doodle" they shared with me some thoughts about it, and I can say without a doubt that they nailed and understand perfectly the concept and feeling behind it

So what exactly it's illustration?


Well, an Illustration (a drawing) it's just a representation about a concept (abstract or objective).
But what's make an illustration so strangely familiar?. I may not have the answer yet, but this will be part of my investigation. But what I can really say without a doubt is: it makes people smile.


 







5 comments:

  1. Your sophisticated doodles definitely made us smile, and I can't wait to see more of them over the next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your doodle is not only doodle but it's an art! Otherwise, I think most people do a lot of doodling stuff unintenfionally! well, I guess it because We're Born as An Artist???

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've sent double comment so I prefer to delete one of them. Really sorry for the inconvenience!

      Delete
  4. Ed, That's a very nice doodle! I just can't wonder how come you can make it within a short time after being inspirated by Prof.Elaine.

    Wow.., I wish I were in the classroom to see how curious our friends giving a reponse about your doodle. Please make some more and keep inspiring others by all doodles that you can make Ed!:)

    ReplyDelete