Saturday, August 4, 2012

Faces

This time New York City (NYC) is not about the buildings, the open spaces and parks nor the landscape; It's about the people, their expressions, how they live, feel and look at this city. This might be a different way to experience a city, by capturing  people's faces through the eye of the camera. Later on, when looking at those pictures, instead of making a comment about some object present in the picture or about the picture itself, the comments will be about what people are thinking at the moment, what they're feeling and just imagining what they might be looking at.


Some people may think that this is not the best way to seize an opportunity like visiting NYC, but sometimes It's better to seize the opportunity that people you're with are presenting you, instead of the place you are in.

(If somebody feels uncomfortable with these pictures being in the blog, contact me and I'll take them down)


5 comments:

  1. You're offering such an interesting perspective! The photos are beautiful, and I recognize many of these lovely subjects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are THE PHOTOS!!! WOW. I did not know you were such a great photographer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diego. That comment coming from someone like you is a real compliment. I'm trying to pull something out of each one of you because I can't just let this great opportunity you Fulbrighters are offering me pass me by.

      Delete
  3. By the way, Diego is not in this beautiful composition. May be this compliment is just for receiving something in return... jajajaja abrazos queridos amigos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jorge...it's a great idea..I really like those faces...but yours is missing ;)

    ReplyDelete