Saturday, August 4, 2012

One Stop Shop for Useful Information and Resources

Hi Everyone, 

Initially I wanted to write something about New York, but my impressions are not that fresh as yours since I've been here several times before - so I decided to dedicate this blog to the useful resources, tips and any other information that might be of interest and relevance for all of us now or in the future as Fulbrighters! We've been provided woth tons of information during the last several days, and it's just very hard to keep track of everything. So I suggest that we share here all the most helpful and interesting, from our point of view of course, resources and web sites we've seen and can recommend to the rest of the group to check out.

From my side, I wanted to remind you of one resources that I've recently checked out and found extremely important for our future careers and lives. I'm talking about the State Alumni at https://alumni.state.gov/register. You've might have already seen it since it's in the spreadsheet we were all provided with during the first day here - under the heading "Fulbright and Social Media: a Guide".

Why it is important?
After you register, it provides you with the mailbox - yes, another mailbox, but with the LIFETIME FULBRIGHT.ORG E-MAIL ADDRESS!!!


In addition, you will be connected to the community of not just Fulbrighters, but also Alumni of all the other U.S. Government Sponsored Programs.

This membership gives an access to online journals such as The Wall Street, Economist, etc., and the database of job opportunities.

I've mentioned only some of the benefits so that if you're interested you can check the rest by yourself. An approval of the registration takes 10 days.

Please don't forget to share with others what you've found interesting and useful.

I'm wishing you the best of luck with your programs!

Yours, 
Alexandra/Sasha

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Sasha from Russia :). Thanks for sharing this information. Deeply appreciate.

    ReplyDelete