Monday, August 13, 2012

Getting to know my roomie!

Isn't ironic how we're departing in couple of days and I'm still getting to know one of my roomies! Oh yes! I have shared the first room back in Manhattan Campus with two ladies, Elrica and Ella. I got the chance to talk to El from day one and we got along kind of immediately, but there is this mysterious thing about Ella that we didn't see her that much when we where there. She seemed to be the kind of quite peaceful person. It was fine with me, but being in Queens campus and sharing the room with her again and not being able to communicate with her was kind of weird and sad to me. I got two more new roommates, beautiful Aneta and Sasha from Russia. And I believe we're all enjoying sharing the same place!

Here is the thing though, I got the chance to talk to Ella today, the first convo in which we both communicated. She became an aunti for the very first time couple of days ago and I had no idea about it (She didn't tell me, but I read her blog :) ) Yet, the thing she told me about is that her name is not Ella, but it's Noor-Layla! (Light of the night)! I loved the name, but I was like when were you planning to tell me so!

She offered me a delicious chocolate cookie made by her mom! That was so sweet of her, I must have asked her to offer me one each time we talk! We're running out of time here!!!!

The good thing is that we finally agreed to talk more often, it is never too late, right? I like she's my roomie though, maybe she does not know so but I feel comfortable when she's around in the room! How weird this feeling is, we rarely talk and we don't know much about each other, yet I kind of feel safe that she's my roomie!

Looking at the positive side, I am glad we got the chance to mingle! At least I will make sure now to keep in touch with her, and to know her better! She'd better do the same :)


3 comments:

  1. I love this post Sister!^^

    *I am so speechless to post a comment..but the thing that I can tell you that...it's very nice to know you and all of the fulbrighters here..

    Thanks God we've got the chance to be together in this program..

    Big Hug and Love,
    Fika

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had the same experience -- getting to know people well right before having to leave them. At least you had the opportunity to begin to connect, and as you say, you can stay in touch as much as you want.

    ReplyDelete