Thursday, August 2, 2012

My Reading and Writing Class (7/31/2012)

Hello everyone, my first lecture at St. John's on 'Reading and Writing' under the tutelage of Donna Moski was quite interesting. Although I am very much acquainted with the rudiments of various writing styles, I was particularly overwhelmed by the significance of the essential components of 'rhetorical writing' introduced during the lecture. The article on "Back to the Land Reluctantly" was a very good starting point for me. I certainly believe that a full understanding of the strategies behind report writing which focuses on the presentation of ideas and concepts in a precise, concise and convincing manner will be the most  functional requirement to successfully write and publish my research thesis.
I would like to acknowledge the contributions of my colleagues during the entire class and I do appreciate the level of interaction attained so far.......

2 comments:

  1. I`m really impressed about how constructive our classes are and it is something that is quite motivating to me . I totally agree with you when you point out how informative the rhetorical writing article was since we all come from countries which don't necessarily share the academic style of writing as the US . Thanks for acknowledging the contribution of your colleagues and let us all contribute to the knowledge of one another .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Herve, I am glad we share the same perspective.

    ReplyDelete