Friday, August 3, 2012

New York, you are so diverse...

My first visit to the USA. About 14 hours of flight. Kyiv. Munich. JFK. 4 p.m. Sunday. New York, it's me -a new stranger, new visitor, Fulbright scholar. I am here to enjoy and explore everything. It's raining. We are going by cab with a guy who speaks French. He tells us much. We stop at St. John's University. New faces. New people. I am embarrassed, tired but happy! I feel like a Robinson Crusoe who has to find out answers to so many questions. I hope I will manage. Now I am not alone - I am happy, I met so many friends-we are all so different and we already share so much in common!!! I am grateful to the fate I got acquainted with all of you!!! I adore you! You are all great!!!
Monday, first visit downtown. Today I feel like a Lilliputian in a Gulliver's land. Everything is so massive, huge, made of glass, impressive and quite different for what I've seen before. My camera is full of photos. My friends in Ukraine do like them by saying how lucky I am to be in New York. But they are not aware of another Side of New York.
Evening. Community service. Subway.New York????? Is it your second face? Should I experience this side of your life too to understand you better?! I am confused...some fear even...no ...I won't go anywhere without my friends. Some minutes later. Church. Lots of people with wish to get some free food. I feel a bit disappointed. I feel pity for them. But it's their life. Some even do enjoy themselves. We are done! THE FIRST DAY IS OVER. New York, should I fall in love with you or vise versa despise you for what I've seen?! I can definitely say - I like you!!!! I accept you the way you are! You are diverse so I should adjust myself as thousands did before! I am thankful to you for all the opportunities you share- I can explore any corner here, I make friends, I get much experience!!!I learn life!!! Thank you, New York for all this!!! I definitely will remember this all and share with my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment