Sunday, August 5, 2012

My way to JFK

It may be difficult to believe but I felt everything happened so fast. One minute I was enjoying the dream job having a great boss and the next I was accepting a scholarship:  "I am so not ready for this" I said but guess what opportunities like that come once in a lifetime. Leaving your comfort place is not easy no matter how many times you've done it before.
I have been trying to pack for more than 3 weeks and believe it or not I was still not packed on departure day. I didn't want to leave the place I have been calling home for the past 2 years. Finally, I was dropped at the airport and got shocked by all the people leaving for New York on my flight. I have never taken a direct flight to New York before and seeing that many people I was sure it would be my last time. I started to back down and I was no longer interested on going for that journey that everyone seems to be so excited about for me. I called 911 (in reality, I just posted on all my social accounts for someone to come to my rescue). Well, noone felt like I was in real danger therefore they were giving me the kind of advice I'd be giving them if they were in my position :(. It was like listening to yourself talk. I can be very annoying.
The worst was really about to happen because I was so late. When I'm finally checking in, I see my bags going on stand by :o. I started to panicked  and I really couldn't understand this situation: I am late in a long line to get pass security, my sit is all the way in the back 24G to be precise and to add to it my bags say "stand by"_ SERIOUSLY, what's going on. People, I am a Fulbrighter: I thought it meant excellence (special treatment), no more suffering.
Before I manage to find  my way to my actual gate I see my name on the board to report to an AA agent. I don't think I can handle what's coming next. Yes!!! I said yes, 6G, I just got upgraded to 1st class. Believe it: "I was ready to face the Big APPLE." Journey well started.

1 comment:

  1. What a great ending to your story! I hope things keep getting better and better from here on out!

    ReplyDelete