Sunday, August 5, 2012

Best Services: Smile and Greet!

Thanks God, we're so happy to have a very great experience in the first week of our Fubright Pre-Academic Program in St.John's University Manhattan Campus..this is the time that we have to leave the lovely environment in Manhattan City. We'll miss it much!

I just remembered about best services that have given to us in Manhattan campuss which make us feel we're in own home. We are so happy for that, it was not only from the lecturer but also from the other staffs: security, graduate students, people helps us in the kitchen, and all of the people there.

So many things that I can learn, the most important thing that may be I just have found it for the first time in my life: people always greet each other and smile..I think this is  a good habit that we can implement in our daily life. It will make our life easier and happier, won't it? :))

I also remembered when the first time I sent an email to Ms.Sue Peterson asking about the food for Ramadhan, should we cook it or not and the other questions...I am very surprised knowing that there will be a special food for Ramadhan. Wow, I was too afraid about my Ramadhan's food, and found then I got more than I have expected. That's very nice of you...all of St.John's Faculty and staffs! Nice to meet you all....!^^


 Memory in the kitchen: remember how bright Martin's smile and his services to all of us? That's nice, isn't it?


9 comments:

  1. Dear Fika, Martin was a really nice person with us. I just want to add that he starts to work before 7 am and he ends after 8 pm. He also works on the weekends (did you see him at lunch on Sunday? Yes, right?), what I think is too much. In my country, a normal labor day starts at 8:30 and ends at 5:30, with an hour for lunch. Let’s invite him a beer when we are in Manhattan again =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, Magdalena, we have a wonderful time with all of the people there!^^

      Nice experience to know that he had too much work but still give us the best smile that he had..what a lovely! :)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. You are right Magdalena. Behind a smile there are a lot of things that people do not know. One day, it would be great to stop and think how people like Martin, Saint John's workers or you (all the Fulbrighters) and me face the daily problems. I think as Fulbrighters we have the responsibility to do it, here in US or in our countries, and not allow that such issues fade in the air.

      Delete
  2. Last week was my first time at the St. John's Manhattan campus myself. I agree with your assessment of the people there. They were universally helpful and kind. I think we'll have a good experience on the Queens campus as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course Ms.Elaine, as far as I experienced, I love all the way American people treat, greet and meet the others. So many things that I can learn being here :)

      Really glad to have a time together with you too, even in Manhattan or in Queens campus ^^..Thank you very much!

      Delete
  3. You are right Fika. People in Manhattan campus were so friendly. I really miss all of them, especially Martin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete