Friday, August 3, 2012

Participation in Class

At first when the classes started I thought that we will have lecture type of classes where instructor comes in and explains his lesson.  But I got surprised when both of my instructors in classes started to ask about us and they built the lesson on participation of student. I have studied in different systems of education where we had only a small amount of participation from class. Maybe it is because of we had too many students or instructors wanted explain too many things not having time for students to participate in class.
In my opinion this type of participation of student helps to understand the lesson much better and prepare student to the future where there will be time when from the student will be asked to contribute something to the meeting. It happened to me when my Department Manager from my last job without noticing me beforehand asked me to say something on the current events that were happening to the Manager of our company and Managers of our subcontractors. It was my worst experience that I have ever experienced.

1 comment:

  1. You participate very well, so I'm surprised that it's a new experience for you.

    Between the practice you get in our program and the practice you'll get in your grad program, you hopefully will never again have a bad experience with speaking at a meeting.

    ReplyDelete