Sunday, August 5, 2012

Procrastinate

"Procrastinate", this is the word that has defined me for the longest time. I hate it because it feels like a middle name for me but I already have one I am not so fond of. Interesting enough we read in class about the characters of people who procrastinate. 

Many people assumed that procrastinators were lazy and now they find out they could just be perfectionist or stressed and people that are afraid to failed or maybe just scared to ask for help. It's hard to figure out why one does so but one thing is sure everybody does it once in a while. 

I can speak first hand about procrastinator-perfectionist because that is how I would describe myself. To me it's my biggest fault and it has paralyzed me at times. It's something I deal with on my daily life that I have tried to managed at times. It can be a good quality because you always aim perfection but somehow the bar is so high you never reach it. Trying to surpass it, I have created at times certain expectations that would normally be considered low to me in order for me not to be too disappointed. It's a very difficult process because I believe nothing in life goes as plan that's why you need to aim high in order to get as close as you can to your actual goal.
 

1 comment:

  1. Perfectionism can be very stressful and can be harmful if it paralyzes one from doing anything at all, but people who are perfectionists can also create amazing products. I guess as with anything there needs to be a balance.

    ReplyDelete