Sunday, August 5, 2012

Understanding the Transportation System of NYC;


When the plan first landed in JFK Airport, I came to Baggage pick up area to pick my luggage. I waited for about 30 minutes to get my baggage, but could not see my baggage. I went to the baggage claim area to claim for my stuff. The officer told me that they could not transfer the luggage within the same flight, they said it will be transferred in the next flight with will take 4 hours.

I decieded to come to Manhattan and complete the check-in process. I came out of the JFK Airport and saw a cab. I gave the address of St. John’s Manhattan campus to the driver and he took me to the campus. I asked him for the fare, he told me to pay him 60$ only that short way. If we compare the prices with the country, by 60$ a cab will take you to anywhere for the whole day.

In the afternoon I took another cab and went to the Airport and took my baggage and came back to the campus. On that day I spent about 180$ on cab fare. I was so surprised that why the prices are so high here. Later in the next day St. John's University distributed Metro cards to the students; by which we can take subways to anywhere in NYC for free.  Then I was regretful and wish that I could take subway from the airport.

After one week, I m able to take subways and go where I want only for 25$ a week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment