Monday, August 13, 2012

Life will never be the same again...

Time flies....moments in a rush...we can't stop anything....and only snapshots run on my screen making the whole film of the last two weeks...I am an optimistic person- but here I say: I WISH IT WERE YESTERDAY, HEY!
I remember the well-trodden road to Kyiv...I wanted to leave the bus at the first stop and run away to my comfortable and cosy place where I have been living for so long. It's difficult to face new challenges, to accept changes when you have established already your life-family, students, old friends, nice job - what else?! The thoughts were ahead of time....Then airport -flight -Kyiv-Munchen; Munchen-New York- it took an amount of time!!! The first pleasant event-I met my future friend, roommate- Olenka Sadovnik for the first time in the terminal. Now I feel I have  known you, my dear Olenka, for ages!!!!
Here we are- Manhattan-St. John's Campus-new people. Are they Fulbrighters???? These young people are scholars who got this acknowledged scholarship???!!!Hats off!!! Later Daniel (our favourite group leader from new York) will say the same: " I didn't expect you all will be so young, funny and active" (perhaps they expected old experienced scholars with briefcases full of books and researches?????!!!!)
Feelings...I never expected we can become such close friends in no time!!! Some people became so dear and close...they are a part of my heart...now...it's painful to separate...but I know nice perspectives are ahead of each of us...and we will meet...sure- and let it be Florida, Massachusetts, California, Texas...Ukraine, Russia, Mexico, Germany, Africa, whatever....our roads will cross again...I know they willllllllllllll! But as the song says : LIFE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN...without you-my dear friends-FULBRIGHTERS! I am not pessimistic -rather realistic- life will be different, diverse, bright, splashy, harmonious, -but not the same-only sweet memories and snapshots will prove-it was not a dream at all!!!! And I am happy I was and am here with you! I will always keep you all in my heart!!!FOREVER!

1 comment:

  1. Hey dear Friend, very nice and emotional! Indeed, won't be the same!

    ReplyDelete