Saturday, August 4, 2012

#4 ORCHIDS IN NEW YORK CITY
One evening, I continued walking from a subway station at Church and Chamber Street for a few more block up town and left towards the West Avenue. I stopped by at another Food Store or more like groceries store. There at the entrance I found beatiful fresh phalaenopsis orchids. There were white big
flowers and there were red spotted-shorter stem kind of moon orchids. Amazing!!! And today, to might surprise, I saw more orchids at Bloomberg building. Each orchid flower piece was placed in a bottled
nutrient glass tube, sealed properly, and decoratively mounted on a woodened vase of branches. There were just beautiful. I can only recall the moments when I was growing my own orchids, harvesting the
flowers, and selling as cut flowers or as pot plants.
Those orchids made me feel like home!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment