Thursday, August 2, 2012

My First Impression of NYC Subway


On Monday, we got the key to explore New York City, the Metro Card. I was very excited to get it and couldn't wait for my first subway travel through this city. Finally the opportunity came. My first subway travel started from WTC station to Central Park using subway E and A.

The first impression I got from NYC subway is that It is a very good subway system. All things are done automatically, without man intervention. The metro card is also great thing. Unlike in my country, where we need to pay cash every time we take bus or train.

However, one thing that a little bit disturb my good impression of NYC subway is that the subway station is not as clean as it should be. The walls, stairs and floors in some subway station is not so clean; sometimes I saw garbage that was not properly disposed; and the air in the subway station is not fresh.

It is a little bit embarrassing that subway system in this beautiful city is not as clean as it should be, since in another big city like Tokyo, Singapore or Melbourne, their subway station is very clean and comfortable. I hope that the government of NYC will take care of this issue in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Many New Yorkers share your love/hate relationship with the subway system. Believe it or not, stations and trains are cleaner than they used to be!

    ReplyDelete