Friday, August 3, 2012

Brookyln!

My outing yesterday to Brooklyn in the company of my friends and other Fulbrighters (Luna, Eduardo, Herve and Erika) was perhaps the most terrific since I arrived at St. John's in Manhattan..... we were so lucky to have Daniel as our guide who went all out to show us various places of historical significance. It was most touching and exciting to see where he grew up as a child and his enthusiasm and love for the neighbourhood.  To cap it all up, we all had to settle down for a nice time at a local and most unusual Bar, before heading home... Eduardo, did I hear you say something?

4 comments:

  1. It's great that you're getting out to other parts of NYC instead of just staying in Manhattan the whole time you're here. You're seeing where some of the "real" people live!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Professor, you are absolutely right. Brooklyn may not be as sophisticated as Manhattan but we were much more at ease relating with the people and do appreciate the sprawling landscape. Its been a quite amazing experience for me.

      Delete
  2. I am glad you are enjoying the different parts of the city I just would love to know your friend Erika :D.
    I have been to New York many times but each time my opinion of this city is improving. It started from hating it to I'd go just for the shopping to what an Amazing city. I guess it all depends with whom you are sharing it with...
    I am sharing this moment with Amazing people all over the world. I remember being young and wanting to visit every single country but I grow up not so fond of planes. Now, in one trip I get to have inside information from at least 20 different countries. I believe I am in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its okay,Elrica! I am sorry...... I found those trips around the city quite adventurous too and I am very happy to share those unforgettable moments with you..

      Delete